Some basic facts & findings :
- Protein Week (July 24-30) Danone India along with its partners took initiative to sensitize 100,000 working Indians.
- At least 6 out of 10 working professionals have poor muscle health
- At least 8 out of 10 working women professionals have poor muscle health
- Around 64% of Indian workforce have a low or poor muscle health
- Sedentary lifestyles and unbalanced diets are major cause for poor muscle health
What should be done to maintain our muscle health?
- You should at least take 10 to 15% of the total calories of protein intake
- Our body needs at least 0.8 Gm per Kg per body weight daily intake
- You should choose good source of high-quality protein (they have complete amino acid profile) such as fish, poultry, dairy products, beans, nuts and seeds
Our Advice :
- You must keep your muscle health on your priority
- Muscles are important for walking, jumping, picking up things and all other physical activities
- What to do? Just keep exercising and have a balanced diet with adequate protein intake